Thank you for your interest in the 440th VFW. Before applying, please take the time to read through the information below to learn about everything that comes with being a member.
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by a Wing Member as soon as possible and you will be provided with instructions on how to join our Discord channel and how to schedule an interview with one or more of our Wing Members. This will be a casual conversation to determine if your current BMS skill level is adequate for our Initial Qualification Training (IQT) course, and to ensure your interest levels are aligned with the members of the 440th VFW.
After a successful interview, you will be assigned an Instructor Pilot and begin working on completing our IQT course. While you are in IQT, you are not yet a full member of the Wing. Membership is earned by successfully completing our IQT course. In addition to providing a common set of trained skills and tactics, the IQT course is both an opportunity for you to see if you like the 440th VFW and the way we fly, as well as an opportunity for us to confirm you will be a good fit in the Wing. Once you graduate from the IQT course you will become a full member of the Wing with the same rights and privileges as any other member here.
The following is a list of requirements we have for all applicants:
- Fluent in the English language
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Minimum Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps upload / 5 Mbps download / Latency less than 125ms
- Have a HOTAS flight controller and head tracking device
- Must be able to ramp start, takeoff and land; we Ramp Start ALL of our flights
- Must have read and attempted to fly the built-in BMS Training Missions
To graduate IQT, you will need to be able to demonstrate working knowledge and proficiency in the following skills:
- Air-Refuel within 60 seconds of the "cleared to contact" call
- 440th Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- BVR air-to-air tactics and weapons usage
- Basic Air-to-Ground weapons deployment including both guided and unguided weapons
- Basic tactics and wingman responsibilities
We are currently processing applications from pilots located in the following regions:
|Americas (UTC-9 thru UTC-3)||OPEN|
|Europe/Africa (UTC-2 thru UTC+3)||AS ABLE|
|Asia-Pacific (UTC+4 thru UTC-10)||CLOSED|
If you feel that this is the place for you and feel ready to challenge yourself, fill out an application. We look forward to flying with you!